Monday, January 31, 2011

Poor little buddy

Well our little guy had to have a circumcision today! He's done so well and he's slept most of the afternoon. I'm glad we were able to go ahead and get that over with.

Things are going so well here. We are head over heels in love with this little boy. He has captured our hearts for sure. It all feels so much more real now! Our church had a luncheon/shower for us yesterday and it was a lot of fun. Tommy was able to be involved and we had a great time. I'll have to post some pictures later. We have a family/friends shower on Saturday and then one at my school next week. It's funny with how little you can "get by" with. The only thing we really needed/wanted was a little bouncy seat for him. My mom picked that up this weekend for us so we can both eat dinner together and not have to take turns holding him :) He's been spoiled by lots of visits!

Tomorrow we have our first post placement visit. Our social worker is really eager to meet him. We also had some pictures taken of him this weekend. I'll have to do a picture post tomorrow! They turned out so cute, and of course we ended up with what seems like a million pictures :)

The kids at school now know why I've been out and it's been funny hearing some of the comments. From, "I didn't know she was pregnant" to "Is she coming back Monday" it's been really funny to hear them. The best so far though, is an email I received today from 2 boys in my 6th period class. I'm posting the email here but I've changed the names.
HELLO MRS E!!!!! THIS IS A CLASS EMAIL MAINLY FROM "Boy 1" AND "Boy 2"! WE WERE JUST CHECKING IN ON "Boy 1's name" JR. AND MAKING SURE HE IS OK.....THAT IS HIS NAME RIGHT? REMEMBER U PROMISED ME THAT LAST YEAR? BTW WE WERE ON THE CASE EARLY AND FIGURED IT OUT FAST! THE CLASS WOULD LIKE A PIX OF DA BABA! LATER GATOR! PS DO U LIKE THE PIC? I THINK IT IS VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERYVERY VERY VERY GOOD

At the bottom they attached a picture of themselves. Too, too funny. Made my day!

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it went well...not looking forward to that dr's appt. Can't wait to see more pics & aren't the showers fun...it actually feels somewhat real then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad things went well today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say I am a TERRIBLE friend!! You are such a loyal commenter on my blog and I missed these developments on yours completely! You will understand soon (if you don't already) how the reading/commenting screeches to a halt for a while when baby comes around!

    Your son is absolutely gorgeous and PERFECT!! Those are the same binkies we use; Aidan loves them.

    Congrats on a dream finally realized. I am so very happy for you!! I am here if you need anything, even someplace to safely vent when you're exhausted. :)

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet little students you have! I'm glad everything went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love middle schoolers! I am happy today went well. I am excited about my photos to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cannot wait to see photos! Your students are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, you have the sweetest students! How wonderful and cute of them to think of you. I'm glad that things are going well, and I can't wait to see more pictures of the little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ;-) I gave you an award on my blog- come check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor little guy! Glad to hear it is all over with though. I liked your story of your students-cute!

    ReplyDelete