Saturday, January 15, 2011

Still waiting

Well we are still waiting! Last weekend I would have never thought that we'd still be waiting. We still don't know anything from Thursday's appointment. I think that's mainly because they were focusing on getting the birthfather's paperwork straightened out. He did sign the consent forms on Thursday! That is a huge blessing and relief! So we're ready for that call now! I told someone I feel like I have a constant state of butterflies in my stomach.

The birthfather was really happy with her decision in choosing us. The social worker took our profile book and showed him. He asked if we'd be willing to meet us at some point in the future (the birthmom does not want him at the hospital). We told her that we would be willing to meet with him later on. He also wanted us to use part of his name for the baby but they did tell him that we had already agreed on a name with the birthmom (she chose his middle name). I just hope something happens before I have to go back to work on Tuesday. I don't know how many more days I can make it :)

Some exciting news....our friends in FL, K and D, called this morning and their birthmother's water broke. They are at the hospital now waiting on these precious twins. I can't wait to hear the news!

Thanks for your continued prayers!

6 comments:

  1. So happy for your friends! I am sure your birth mom is as ready for the birth as you are! I was 4 days late with my first daughter, and each day that passed without me in labor was torture! SO EXCITED for y'all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Good things, all around!! Continued prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! Any day now, you'll be a mommy and it will be sooo worth the wait! Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting in anticipation everyday for your blog posts...I cannot wait to see your little one...and hear the name!! Prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soon, very soon you will have your something beautiful. Can't wait for baby to arrive! Prayers remain with you and birthmom, and father and baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW This is SOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! WE are so excited for yoU!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete