Wednesday, January 19, 2011

He's here!

He's finally here! I know you all are probably dying for details, as our family was too, so I'll share that first and then the story. That way I won't forget :) He's so cute. I just can't believe how cute he is. He was born at 3:37 pm, weighs 7 pounds 10 ounces and is 21 inches long. He has a head full of dark hair and long fingers and toes! I know you all want to see him but I really want to wait until this waiting period is over before I post pictures of him.

So here's the story. We drove a little over halfway last night and stayed with some friends. We woke up this morning, had breakfast with them and then hit the road. We made it here around 10:00 this morning. Our social worker called us at 9 to let us know that the birthmom's social worker was on the way to the hospital and that they had started the pitocin on her. Our social worker told me that if we didn't hear from the other worker by 11 to call her. We are in a very small town (small to us) and there's not much around here. We found a Belk's and did a little shopping and then Tommy went into a tractor store :) We even strolled around Walmart until we reached a part where our phones didn't have reception :) We actually waited until 11:45 and then called the other social worker. It went to her voice mail and we left a message.

We rode around, had lunch, and found a little shopping center (mind you it had no shops) and parked and just sat for a while. Tommy at this point was growing antsy. I have to say that both of us felt calm and at peace all morning and I know it's because everyone was praying. Around 2 he said let's just go ahead and get a room. So we went down the street, got a hotel room and they let us go ahead and check in. We got our stuff up to the room and then, of course, her social worker called us back. She told us there was still no baby but that she was in the waiting room and we could come up and sit with her.

We got our things together and went and sat with her and waited. The birthmother's husband (he's not the birthfather) came out and updated us and we were able to meet him. Then he came out and told us that he was here and healthy! She wanted her social worker and I to come back and meet the baby and so I could meet her.

Words cannot even describe how I feel about her. First, it was just like talking to an old friend. I hugged her and believe it or not I didn't even cry. I think it was the is this really happening, I'm in shock feeling. She told me to touch him (he was still on the warmer). His eyes were wide open and he just looked straight at me. He wrapped his little fingers around mine and my heart melted. She asked me if I would love him like she would and I of course told her yes, that honestly we already loved him. She really is a sweet woman. She is very thoughtful and when someone would come in and ask something, she would look at me and say, what do you think.

Tommy then got to come back and meet him. He was a little emotional and couldn't believe how cute he is. I got to feed him his first bottle and he just looked at me the whole time. So sweet! She really wanted us to be able to stay up at the hospital with him tonight but because she had pain medication, we had to wait 4 hours after the birth for her to sign the termination rights (the initial ones). The notary at the hospital leaves at 5, so she couldn't sign those and we couldn't sign the ones that we needed to. So when the social worker left, we had to leave. The birthmom felt bad but we told her not to and that it's not her fault. We're supposed to meet back there at 10 tomorrow morning to get those signed.

Please continue to pray for her, her husband, the baby, and us. We feel good about things but know that she has the right to change her mind. We're just praying that God will lead us and use us during this time.

18 comments:

  1. Amazing!!!! I have tears in my eyes. God has answered your prayers. Congratulations on your son!! I can't wait to see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! Oh Trisha, I am just over the moon excited for you!!! And of course I can't wait to see his sweet little face <3 ~Koelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you!!! I was tearing up reading your story. I can't wait to see pictures!

    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a story! Praying for all of you and so incredibly happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing with us! I know you feel SO blessed right now. I am praying that y'all can find some way to get some restful sleep tonight and that peace will be in your spirits as you wait for papers to be signed, to take your son home, and then await the 7-day risk period. Such exciting times! Try not to dwell on what could happen and just soak in each moment in these coming days. Praise God for beautiful life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! So happy for you guys. Praying everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tears of joy for you and your family! I am so happy for the two of you! She sounds like a very sweet person and I am so glad you met! Enjoy every moment, he will soon be home! Prayers continued!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!!! Words cannot express how EXCITED we are for you guys...I have tears coming just thinking and picturing your experience. It makes me even more EXCITED for our 7 weeks to be over so we can meet our little guy :) Cannot wait to see pictures & hear his name!! CONGRATS & PRAYERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures of the little cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am soo happy for you!! What a wonderful experience. I know that God will give you all grace, peace and wisdom as you go through the rest of the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I will be praying during this waiting period!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's amazing how God's timing and plans are perfect! I'm SUPER excited for you guys, and praying for you all today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made me cry! I am so excited for you guys and I can't wait to see how cute he is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tears are running down my face!

    I am beyond excited for you and your husband!!!!!

    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy for you! It is an awesome feeling to have that instant connection with the birthmother - like you knew them all along. Can't wait to see pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay!! So excited for you guys!! Can't wait to see pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing all these thoughts and emotions with us! I am so very happy for you and Tommy. Can't wait to hear about more updates and see pictures soon! Praying for all of you. :)

    ReplyDelete