Thursday, January 13, 2011

News-no baby yet

Whew! It's been a whirlwind of a week :) But you know, there is so much comfort in the power of prayer! I am so thankful for everyone that has been praying for us this week. I know we couldn't have made it to this point without the prayers.

So the new news....they found the birthfather!!! And.....he's willing to consent to the adoption! That is a HUGE PRAISE and one that we give ultimate glory to God over. That not only saves us $4000 but also will save us the agony of having to dwell on that for 6 months. I am so thankful. He should be signing either today or tomorrow. The birthmother went to the doctor today; this was her rescheduled appointment from Monday. Her social worker was out of the office this afternoon so we don't know yet what happened. Our social worker said the birthmother still feels confident in her decision. So now we are still on wait mode for the labor call!

On other news, our friends in Florida who are matched with the twins (there are so many things that I could tell you that would blow your mind but I'll have to wait until all is said and done), just called and the birthmother is having contractions. They weren't sure what type but we've said since last week, wouldn't it be funny if they are all born on the same day?! Pray for them as they wait too.

I'm praying for all of my waiting friends and for those seeking guidance. God will answer!

12 comments:

  1. That is such good news about the birthfather! Prayer is very powerful! I have been thinking about you guys all day today. I can't wait for you to get the call!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God that everything is in line! Any day now...any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have chills and tears. So happy for you. One hurdle jumped. :-) See you tomorrow (maybe?!)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me smile so big. This is the best possible news ever!!!! What a blessing. God is so good. You deserve this. Congrats again Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...I have been waiting for an update all day...glad the birthfather consented to the adoption - I cannot imagine waiting 6 months!! I feel like I am that close to Westyn...reading your story makes me so excited for that week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thankful that prayers have been answered and the birth father has consented!! We will continue to pray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is WONDERFUL news! What a relief. I'm so excited for you--come on, baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, what a praise! I know waiting is so hard, praying with you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praise God on the birthfather's willingness to chose an adoption plan as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!! I am so glad the prayers came true and he is giving consent! Prayers coming still!

    ReplyDelete