Friday, January 7, 2011

Things are still good

So far everything still looks good. We are not going to be meeting with the birthmother before the birth of the baby because of the time crunch. I kind of hate that we don't get to meet with her but I know it will all work out. I guess we may meet her in the hospital, I know that's going to be awkward but I think it would be any other way too. The birth parent counselor will call our social worker when she goes into labor and then we'll start the drive to go there. We'll have about a five hour trip. If nothing happens over the weekend, she has a doctor's appointment on Monday. Her actual due date is on Wednesday.

The one thing that's still up in the air is the birthfather. The birth parent counselor hasn't been able to get into contact with him for him to consent to the adoption or to contest it. Our social worker said that in most cases they don't come back but they really can't guarantee that. They didn't have an ongoing relationship so that's where that thought is coming from. If he doesn't come forward before the baby is born, she told us it would probably take at least 6 months to terminate his rights. That really scares me but again I honestly feel like God has us here for a reason. If he does come back and want the baby, we just will have to know that we were put in this situation to care for him during that time. You can't let fear take over or you'll have regrets.

My verse on my devotional calendar was this: "By faith Abraham...obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going." Hebrews 11:8

We appreciate all of your prayers!

7 comments:

  1. i have said it before, but that calendar of yours is AMAZING!!! praying praying praying (HUG)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that verse. :) You know, we have taken on the same attitude/way of thinking as you two have. While we do not desire a failed adoption and by no means would that be easy, we trust that if God places a baby with us, whatever His plan for that baby in our lives is what we are open to. I was not even guaranteed my biological babies would stay with me long (thankful they did!). Anyway, I am praying that you will continue to have peace as things progress. I cannot wait to read your birth announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six months + is a long time to wait for TPR! I thought 2 months was bad. We never met any birth mothers at the hospital, but we have met several birth family members there. Now that was an experience! I hope the wait passes quickly and that you will soon be on the road to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a PERFECT verse for what you are going through! I think God has been piecing together all areas of your life and has brought you to this exact moment for a very special reason! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the others, that verse is perfect. You are continually in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you! Praying for the birth father situation...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't looked at blogs in a couple of days and I just saw your news! I have chills! I am praying God allows you to rest in His peace! I will also be praying that the social worker will be able to contact the birth father. Congratulations!! I can't wait for more updates!

    ReplyDelete