Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow day!?!

I can't believe that it is snowing here again. It hardly ever snows here and just 2 weeks ago we saw snow. This time there's more. I think they said there's around 3.5 inches now. It makes me a bit nervous that someone is going to call and say, ok it's time, she's in labor. At which point I think I'll pass out :) We have a 5 hour drive ahead of us; we can split it and stay with friends so that's a plus but I'm praying this baby holds on a few more days for this to clear up. We didn't have school today which worked out nice as I needed a day to get things organized.

We had a busy weekend. Our friends will never know how much that meant to us in keeping us busy so our minds would be occupied. Friday night I had basketball games at school and didn't get home until almost 8. Saturday was spent wedding shopping with my mom and sister (she's getting married in May). Then my mom and I went to buy just a few outfits so we can keep this baby boy warm! I'm not going to tell you his name until we're sure that this is going to happen. I did really well, I didn't try to buy everything in sight :) I'm trying to remember that any of this can change at any point. That does make me nervous but I know God is working and He will provide, if not this time, there will be another. My mom also bought him a "fancy" outfit to come home from the hospital because she said he was not allowed to come home in a onesie :) (can you tell this is the first grandchild?)

Saturday night we played matchmaker for my best friend and one of Tommy's co-workers. We also had another couple over. She used to tell us that we were not allowed to match make anymore because of a "bad one" that we picked out :) This one turned out much differently and I think they had some interest in one another. We'll have to see how all of this plays out.

Yesterday we had church and everyone is very excited. There's another baby boy that will be due in April. I told them all that I was glad they all were so excited because we're trying to remain calm about everything (notice I said trying). Then Tommy's mom went with us and we bought a car seat/stroller combo. As we pulled up to the Toys r us here, there are fire trucks and all kids of chaos going on. I immediately think, oh great, I hope this isn't a bad sign! I guess the fire alarms went off and they were trying to find out what was happening. We ended up at Target and found the one that we wanted. We also bought a few blankets and a package of sleepers. I think we have everything we need for the next bit of time. We got the nursery organized and cleaned today and once the bedding is finished washing I'll post some pictures for you to see.

It still feels very odd and surreal. There are moments when I'm excited and then moments when my stomach is turning. I go from this is it to this may not happen at all. But for now, we're just praying and resting in the assurance that God is going to take care of us.

6 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys...it is calling for 3-7 inches of snow here this week too!! I am glad though because I only work Mon & Tues then off to continue working on getting things ready for Westyn...let us know as soon as you hit the road :) I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so giddy for you, and I cannot wait to see the completed nursery!!! Continued good thoughts and prayers headed your way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trisha, I have been following your blog as we are also adopting! So excited for yall and praying for you this morning! God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful you are sharing your thoughts and feelings. Because I imagine I would be feeling many of the same things you are! We have NO snow here so far! While I don't want to be snowed or iced in, after all the hype I would really like to see something! :) Looking forward to hearing more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep checking back for the latest news! It looks like you are as prepared as you can be for now. Wait and pray and try to stay calm...it's all you can do for now. :) Try to get some sleep while you can too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you for getting a snow day!!! I always find it so funny when people from out west or down south get snow. Those towns are just not prepared for it! Us, on the other hand, we've got snow plows prepared to plow all day, any day. 3.5" is nothin'! Ha!
    Can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!

    ReplyDelete