Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to reality

Yesterday was the first day back at work. Thankfully we had a teacher's workday to help ease the transition. I am so not ready to be back yet :) Tommy told me, well at least you had off 2 weeks, but I told him, it sure doesn't feel like it! I think this was the fastest vacation time ever. Report cards go out at the beginning of next week so I have to finish writing comments for my 85 students, yuck! The worst part about teaching :) The kids came back today and they were all excited to share about their Christmas vacations. Many of them gave me hugs and greeted me this morning so that helps with the transition back (see middle schoolers aren't so bad after all).

I went back to Zumba last night. I really like it. I'm going to try to go 2-3 times a week. I'm excited to see how all of this hard work is going to pay off :)

I know many of us that are waiting have that question of when things are going to happen for our families. The waiting is so hard, probably because we have no control. I think it's during these times that we learn to stretch our faith and rely solely on God and His provisions for us. There are so many times when I think, I wonder if this will be our last ___ as just the two of us. I think this time of year is that much harder because there aren't all sorts of things to look forward to like there are with the holidays. When we first started the adoption process, in June 2009, I had no idea what we were in for. Our social workers told us to expect a 2-3 year wait. We were officially approved on February 17th so we're almost at that 1 year mark. It's almost hard to believe that it's already been that long, but in other ways it feels like it's been forever. I was talking with my friend K in Florida who is also going through the adoption process (they are the ones that are currently matched with twins)! She told me, I know it's hard and it's sometimes hard to hear but God's timing is perfect. He lets us experience things that our minds can't even fully comprehend and yet He is there every step of the way to hold our hands or in some cases hold us together. They've been through 2 failed matches and I can't wait to see this situation unfold over the next few weeks (the babies should be here by the end of January if not before).

I want each of you to know that I'm praying my heart out for you, no matter what you're waiting for. I think God has awesome things in store for each of us. We just have to be ready to hold on for the ride!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys...waiting is definitely hard and it is hard even after you have been picked, but relying on God is all you can do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are also in my prayers. Our agency didn't really give a time frame but most couples whole process takes about 1-2 years. Here lately everyday is so hard to continue on and not think about it. I am sure you feel the same way. Thank goodness for our middle schoolers, they can help take your mind off anything! I wanted to let you know that our beach house is in Oak Island. Is that anywhere near you guys? If so, I would love to meet up sometime because its hard to find people who are experiencing the same things we are (especially in our small town!). My email is on my blog if you ever feel like venting to someone. I can be here to listen. Stay strong! Stacy

    ReplyDelete