Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ready or not here they come!

Tomorrow is the first day of school for students! Yikes! I can't believe it's already time. I'm ready though! At least when the students are there the day goes by a lot faster, plus they are always there for a good story or two :) Tomorrow will also be my first day of actually "getting" up out of bed early.....I'm so not looking forward to that!

This week my mind has been consumed with adoption things. I have no idea why, well a few ideas, but it's strange that it would hit now. Everyone has been asking about news from the adoption front so maybe that's it. I really don't mind them asking. It's nice to know they're thinking about us and I know they want it to happen for us too. I also had a very vivid dream the other night about a baby so maybe that's what is adding to this. So, I ended up emailing our social worker on Sunday night. We haven't heard back from her yet. Normally she's really good with emailing back right away so I assume she's out of town or something else is going on.

I think it's that feeling of the unknown that keeps you wondering. Hopefully she'll be able to tell us something, it doesn't have to even be specific to us, but just something that will help ease this feeling right now. But for now, I'll have lots to occupy my time with and even though my students are middle schoolers, they still like the support from us.

I read this yesterday. "Peace is the ability to remain faithful in spite of the panic of unfulfilled dreams." "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever-do not abandon the works of your hands." Psalm 138:8

3 comments:

  1. I am sure there all people all over the place waiting for that special announcement from you! I am praying for a baby for your family! Good luck tomorrow with the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the first day of school!

    It does feel good when people ask about news, but it also gets old. Or can be painful on the hard days. But at least you know you're loved! After the first two years or so, we (VERY politely and graciously) started telling people that we'd be sure to share any news immediately, therefore no need to ask. Everyone took it well, and it's so much easier to wait when people aren't asking you what's new every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, what a great Psalm for your heart :) I'm sorry I've been so bad at emailing- praying for you as always!!

    ReplyDelete