Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lost in translation?

Do you ever get that feeling that you're an outsider who's looking in? Or maybe share something with someone but they either didn't get what you were saying or they just chose to overlook it and move on/do their own thing? I'm sitting here right now with a full mind, lots of stuff swirling around inside. This "lost" feeling is strange and it's been bothering me for a few weeks now (and it has nothing to do with the adoption). I feel like sometimes people put on this facade that they're something better, more experienced, or can do things better than you mentality but in reality they're swimming along just like all of the rest of us trying to find their way, just not strong enough to admit it. I hate when people try to express a thought and then that thought gets twisted or they then look at you like you're the one who's done something wrong. I can see why there are so many people who have a hard time trusting. I know most of this makes no sense and it's a bunch of rambled/jumbled thoughts but I needed to get it out. I'm so thankful I have a husband that listens and understands and gives thoughtful advice. Sometimes I feel like it's us vs. the world, in more ways than one :) Together we make a great team!

Ok, so enough of that--my own little vent session :) School is going really well. I've already been observed and had a good response from that. My students (aka "my kids") remember a lot from last year so we've been able to use more Spanish in class which has been fun. They told me on Friday that I was a "gum sniper" because I can usually always catch them (probably because I'm such an avid gum chewer) :) The only downfall is having to get back into the getting up early routine!

We have had a great weekend. We did some major cleaning yesterday and last night for dinner we grilled shrimp and bacon wrapped scallops. I can't even begin to tell you how good it was. My best friend joined us and she was impressed too! Tommy said Chef Ramsey had nothing on him! The weekends always go by so fast. This week we'll have to watch the weather because of Hurricane Earl. Looks like he may be close to here.

No comments:

Post a Comment