Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fun times!

We've had a great time over the past two weeks. From our little getaway to Myrtle Beach and then a great visit with our good friends K and D from Florida, it's been the perfect ending to a great summer!

Sometimes these distractions are great, especially when waiting! It gets your mind off of things and really lets you enjoy life and all of the blessings we have been given. K and D are also waiting to adopt domestically so it's nice to have some friends to walk alongside us in this journey. As we were walking on Saturday, we were talking about how God works and how He's placed all of us doing things and it's by no mistake. Tommy and I are active in a new church plant. It's by no mistake He's placed us there. They don't know it (well they will now) but keeping us busy with set-up and outreach projects has really helped us. Not only have we grown and seen how blessed we really are but it has also helped to keep us busy doing work for our Savior. There's no greater work than that!

So without further ado, here are some fun pictures of our latest adventures.

The water park Tommy and I visited in Myrtle Beach. I guess the lifeguard was afraid she'd get wet! Good thing we weren't drowning :)

Lazy river riding!


Dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse


Our very musically talented friends, K and D. What a blessing they are to us!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun in Myrtle Beach! I have been to FL twice, but never there. Once to Orlando with my HS marching band and once to Pensacola with the Navigators in college. I heart FL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still loving your blog. Loved your friends, I wish I could have hung out with you guys after service, but I know we will see them again soon. They ROCKED btw, in the most country rock way you can. :) Beautiful worship service! Thanks for all you guys do AND you're right NOW we know... And here I was thinking I was being to "hard" on you... going to have to step up my game. ;)

    ReplyDelete