Saturday, August 14, 2010

Busy, busy

Well I've been back at work for 2 days and I'm already ready for a vacation :) Ha ha, just kidding--well maybe not really :) The first two days back have been really good. It's nice to catch up with my fellow coworkers and find out what everyone did over the summer. I still can't believe it's over.

I have 86 students this year (don't forget I teach middle school so they change classes). I *think* they are going to be a great group. It's hard to believe they'll be coming back to class on Thursday. Hope I'm ready by then :)

So we are 3 days shy of hitting the 6 month mark of waiting. A half a year already. In many ways it's hard to believe we've been waiting that long; in other ways it feels like it's been an eternity (especially if you consider we started this journey of trying to have a family almost 4 years ago). I've been praying we'll hear something, even if it's just an update soon. I don't like that part about it but that's the way our agency works and there's not really anything I can do about it---except annoy my social worker and that's probably not the best thing to do!

Tommy had a good check-up with the heart doctors on Tuesday so we are very thankful that things are going so well right now. Now we are on a major mission to keep losing weight! Hopefully we'll be able to stick to it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. A new school year, how exciting! I hope every one of your 86 kids is a joy. (I know, that's a stretch when we're talking middle school, but I can still hope on your behalf!)

    The waiting stinks, this I can attest to. I hope something happens for you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear about Tommy's heart :) I know this period of waiting will be redeemed by a beautiful child in your home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when we hit 6 months. Waiting sucks.

    I hope you have a great school year! Hopefully the 86 children will be a good distraction!!

    ReplyDelete