Friday, August 6, 2010

How things change!

This time of year always brings a bag of mixed emotions with it. The summer is coming to an end and I'm getting ready to go back to work. No more sleeping in and running errands during the day! But, it's this time of year that takes me back to 2008. Dreams and hopes were high and things were changing rapidly in our lives. I was pregnant. Our first attempt at IVF had been successful, even though we didn't think it had. I was slowly riding the roller coaster back up the hill. Still very guarded because we weren't sure what was going on. My numbers were low but slowly rising. Things seemed to be looking up, we just thought we were going to be parents. But, God had other plans.

Two years ago, we found out we were pregnant and a few short weeks later, we found out our babies were returning to heaven. It was one of the hardest and darkest times of my life. But I held on tight to what God would have in store for us. Looking back now, I'm thankful for all the experiences we've been through. Was it hard, yes; do I wish those babies were here with us now, of course. But God's plans are bigger than what we can ever dream of. I know He had us go through that for a reason and I know in the end it's made us stronger, rely on Him more, and hold on to our seats at what's to come.

4 comments:

  1. (((hugs)))

    I'm so sorry about this dreaded anniversary, but I am happy you are able to look back on it with positive thoughts about your future. I hope that you are able to take home your baby very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about the hard times. God sure does have a plan for our us! Are you also a teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that one day, we will get to Heaven and be able to view our life on earth from God's perspective. Only then will we know why He chose the paths He did for us. And at that time, we will see Beauty in His plan. Our lives here on earth are but a blink in respect to eternity with our Maker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you as you wait to see what amazing things God has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete