Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's all around

This week has been a busy one! Sorry for the lack of comments, I'm trying to catch up on reading now. Not that I have a slew of followers anyways :)

I've been sent and have read several things about waiting over the past few days. We all hate waiting, no matter what it's for. In one way I feel stressed because we've had no news yet and we're marching hard into month #6. In other ways, I look at this upcoming month and know that it is bringing us closer to the baby we are supposed to bring home.

But the one thing I've learned in all of this-Life is too short to live wondering, worrying, and letting these things consume your every being. I know infertility stinks and I know how hard it is to let go when your heart longs for something so bad. It doesn't make it any easier that it seems everyone around you has a growing family. I feel for the most part, I do pretty well. Don't get me wrong, I have my days but it's on those days that I try to lean more on God and seek His will in what He would have me to do during this. He can do ALL things, even if it's not the way we thought it would work out.

We've been through a lot as a couple. Not only infertility but also Tommy's heart scares, job lay offs etc. We've had our share. But when I look at all of the things we've been blessed with, I wouldn't have it any other way. It makes me grateful for what I have and I know that those waiting periods have only made us stronger, live fuller, and know that our loving God has an awesome plan in place for us.

3 comments:

  1. I pray for this to be a happy month for your family! You have such a positive outlook on life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post!!! If you don't mind, I think I'll screenshot it and keep it on my desktop for the days that I have a hard time with the waiting game. As the months tick by, it's funny how things flip-flop; sometimes the waiting is really dreadful and sometimes I almost forget we're actually waiting. Ya know?? :) I admire your attitude and hope I can learn from it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just found your blog through a friend's today and started following you. I hope you don't mind, but I reposted your video of Something Beautiful. It is such an amazing song! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Feel free to follow me!

    Jess
    http://jesstryingtoconceive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete