Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Woohoo, we survived! I have to admit, just like I said in the last post, we LOVE hosting Thanksgiving but boy it is a lot of work! My dream kitchen will have double ovens :)

We couldn't have had a better time with family and friends; there were 14 of us total. The turkey was great and Tommy did a great job with the pig. All of the sides came out perfect and everyone raved about how good the food was. Needless to say, we were wiped out last night but the time spent with those we love was well worth it.

Of course with all of the running around and cooking, I didn't even have a chance to take one single picture. My Grandma, who will be turning 79 this week, was here and we surprised her with a new digital camera. Her old one broke and she was giving my Grandpa a hard time about buying her a new one. My parents and Tommy and I went in together and bought her one last weekend and we knew she'd want something to take pictures with for Thanksgiving. She was so excited she almost cried. It was so sweet. I can't wait for our baby to meet this precious woman of God. I'm thankful she's still here!

So now, we are back on the WW wagon and exercise routine! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

"May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from His glorious power,...while joyfully giving thanks to the Father." Colossians 1:11-12

3 comments:

  1. I did so well with WW Thanksgiving day, and then this afternoon and evening it fell apart. Ugh! I have 3 more days to salvage my next weigh-in. :(

    That is a precious story about your grandma and her new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandma sounds wonderful. I can't wait for her to meet your baby, too. Soon, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That story about your grandma was so special. Have a great rest of your thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete