Saturday, November 13, 2010

My neglected blog :)

Well I'm back! Needless to say it has been an extremely busy week and not much time for blogging. I've been trying to read and stay caught up with everyone else and I have been praying for all of you!

We had a great time in Savannah! I didn't want to come back home :) I should say we ate our way through Savannah but we did a lot of walking too (I'm hoping the scales aren't too hard on me this week). We ate at The Lady & Sons and at Uncle Bubba's seafood as well as a little British restaurant. We did a lot of shopping and went on a tour. It was nice to getaway, just the two of us and enjoy some time together. It's hard to believe we have been married for 11 years now. When I think back at everything we've been through, from moving away from family, to Tommy's heart problems and then cardiac arrest, buying our first home, a job lay-off, moving back "home", and our infertility struggles and miscarriage, it's been a wild ride. But, I wouldn't change it for anything. When I look at where we started to where we are now, I wouldn't want it any other way. Sure I'd love to have a house full of kids but I know that God has us here for a reason. I know we've been put through the "test" more than once and God has always been there to pick us up and put the pieces back together. I also am reminded at how short life really is and can be taken from us at any moment. I am just so thankful; God truly has blessed us.

Work this week was crazy! The kids have been crazy and it's just a busy time of year. I'm glad we have a break coming soon! Thankfully this weekend we had no plans so I've been able to rest some (and do some more shopping)!

I'll be posting some pictures soon and some recipes that Pillsbury sent me that we tried out this week!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, recipes! :)

    You and Tommy have certainly been through a lot. God never gives us more than we can handle though. I think there are always lessons to be learned and parts of us to get strengthened when we are put through trials in our lives.

    Thanks for your input on my last post, I really needed it. You are in my prayers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear more about the restaurants! :)

    ReplyDelete