Monday, November 1, 2010

Awesome testament!

I just finished typing this email but thought it would serve as an encouragement to some here.

You all know our dear friends in Florida, K&D. Many of you also know that they are in the waiting stages of adoption. They've had 2 failed adoptions and were chosen last weekend by another birthfamily. They were really nervous after the meeting on Saturday because the birthmom made several references to things and it happened to be some of the same things that one of the birthmoms from the failed adoptions had told them. We talked Saturday evening and I could tell K was really worried about jumping in again and taking the risk but she said there are always risks with adoptions, you either have to take it or get out. So they accepted and were waiting to hear ultrasound results from today.

She called this afternoon to tell me a little story. An older couple at their church had seen them after baby dedication in May and told them that they seemed sad. The lady told K that they wanted to pray for them. K was appreciative of this act from this lady. She said as time has passed, every time they see them, the lady tells her-we're still praying and we're praying that God will bless you double.

Well they found out today that the birthmother is pregnant with TWINS! A boy and a girl, due in January. My words fall inadequate when I say how in awe I am of this and how awesome our God is. Of course, nothing is final yet and I told them that we would be praying for them and I would ask all of you to pray as well. I told her to also tell the lady at their church to pray for us :)
Thanks for praying for them (and for us)!
Our God is awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - that's amazing! I'll keep them in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great testimony! This should be told to all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is WONDERFUL NEWS!! WOW...I remember hearing that one of our birthmothers was having twins and that overwhelmed me...I can only imagine now that they have met her and to be a boy and girl...WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is absolutely incredible. Praising God for his provision!

    ReplyDelete