Wednesday, November 17, 2010

9 months

You know when talking about pregnancies, 9 months has a huge significance. With adoption, we know that this process can be shorter or longer than 9 months. While we don't have to go through "the pains of labor", we have our own that we face--mounds of paperwork, a complete stranger asking you intimate questions about every aspect of your life, putting yourself "out there" to expectant parents, and waiting--waiting for "the" call, waiting for placement, waiting for finalization.

On the way to Tommy's doctor's appointment yesterday, we were talking about our wait. He knows that for the most part my days are good, but he also knows that there are some bad ones too. I'm really glad that God has stepped in on those bad days and helped me to remember why I'm here and I'm trying really hard to listen to what He would have us to do and what He's trying to teach us.

In some ways it's hard to believe it's already been 9 months (officially on the list-17 months total). I'm thankful that we have busy lives because that helps me stay occupied. I also know that each day we wait, we are one day closer to welcoming home the baby God has for us. That's what continues to give me hope and gets me excited about the future.

"Failures are only temporary tests to prepare us for permanent triumphs. Start doing something that you've put off because of the risk of failure." "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

4 comments:

  1. Praying right along with you guys...I know that wait is hard and many don't realize that the total amount of time usually involves wanting to have kids too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our agency sent our profile book to them...things will work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are clinging to the precious promises of our Lord! I have waited expectantly both ways know (through pregnancy and adoption) and I can say the physical load you carry in pregnancy feels like the emotional load we carry in adoption. In some ways this wait it harder...no due date, folks are excited for us but not showering us and nesting with us as happens the other way. But it is ALL good and God is right here in the middle of it with us. Thankful for your blog!

    ReplyDelete