Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Great intentions

I always have great intentions of coming on here and posting something but something always comes up! It has been a whirlwind of a week so far. I ended up with a stomach bug over the weekend and that put all of my plans on hold. So today is catch up day, thank goodness I don't have to work today! The one plus, the weather here has been beautiful! It was 77 yesterday!

We always have our families over for Thanksgiving. I know to some it's a huge ordeal and creates a lot of stress but we really enjoy doing it. Our families get along great so that's never an issue. We always invite people who don't have family here or who aren't traveling so they won't have to spend the holiday by themselves. I thought there would be 11 of us for tomorrow but last night we ran into some old friends we haven't talked to in a while. Then Tommy invited a couple of others so there may be 17 of us now :) I hope we have enough chairs :)

We had already planned plenty of food so that won't be an issue but getting all of the cleaning and grocery shopping completed today is the main chore! Tommy likes to cook something "different" for Thanksgiving so he's cooking a pig (for all of you non-Southerners), a pig-pickin' and then I have a turkey with all of the trimmings, mainly for my sister who doesn't like barbeque.

I leave you with some pictures of Savannah (finally) and of my newest creation (my therapy)!

Tybee Island Lighthouse

Yep, Forrest Gump

Us on our 11th wedding anniversary

The Lady & Sons
My therapy away from school :) Christmas tree earrings

Snowmen

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE those earrings! I am a sucker for Christmas jewelry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary (late) and hope everyone is feeling better for Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made those earrings? Cute! I should learn how to do that. I bet they would make for great presents, too. That's a lot of people to entertain! You guys have generous loving hearts, I can just tell. Have a happy Thanksgiving and have fun!

    ReplyDelete