Friday, September 10, 2010

Feeling great!

I think I've mentioned before that Tommy and I have been on a quest to lose weight! While it has been challenging, at times, we have stuck with the plan and it's starting to pay off. When we weighed last night, I was down .6 and he was down .2. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but his total is 12 pounds and mine is 21 (I started way before he did). I'm glad that those numbers are starting to go down! We'll have to see what next week holds.

Last weekend we had a really great time hanging out with friends and family. Tomorrow looks like we'll be heading out in the boat for a relaxing "day at sea"! I'm really ready for the weekend. Why is it that 4 day work weeks always seem so long?

We've decided against the cruise for now. Mainly because adoptions aren't covered under anything (and I mean anything) so if we were chosen during that time, we'd lose any money we had already paid. I think we're going to do some "little" trips just to give us a break from the day to day things. We are thinking about going to Savannah, GA for our anniversary in November.

School is still going great so that's a plus! I always forget how tired it makes me though. Tommy and I were joking around last night when I asked him what was going to happen when we had a baby in our house and we'll have to get up during the night :) Also last night, Tommy had to go back out to work, the phone rang (our caller ID pops up on the TV) and I realize that I don't know the number (it just said cell phone). I immediately think, "oh my, wonder if it's our social worker?"; it's the first time I've felt like that. Needless to say, it was a friend from church calling to give us her new cell phone number :) Oh well, maybe we'll get that one soon!

3 comments:

  1. 21 pounds that is wonderful!!! Good for you! I am also trying to lose weight and have been stuck on 14 pounds for a while...am hoping to revamp things and lose more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Glad you are doing it slowly. Not just the numbers make you feel better, but losing weight usually creates more energy in you- I love that about it. Congrats on your efforts and hard work!

    ~Jess
    http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stomach-in-the-throat thing when the caller ID doesn't tell you who it is... yeah, that never goes away! :) Glad you're feeling good!!

    ReplyDelete