Friday, September 17, 2010

7 months

Today marks 7 months of "officially" waiting and being on the list! In many ways I can't believe it's already been 7 months but in others it feels like forever. I can't believe we are almost at the 4 year mark of trying to have a family. I would have never guessed in a million years that we would have gone through all of these things to have a family but I know it will be worth it. We have no clue when we're shown or even when someone is considering us so we just wade through this and wait. Our social worker doesn't mind us asking her but since she works from home and is not in one of the main offices, I don't know how much she really knows about our profile going out.

I feel confident right now that with each day we wait, we are one day closer to bringing our baby home. I walked in the nursery the other night and I can't wait to see those little onesies being "occupied" by a little person.

If you want to pray specifically for us, there are a couple of things we are praying for: that either we will be able to take advantage of the adoption tax credit before it is set to expire in December 2011 or that the tax credit will be extended-this will help us pay for a big chunk of the expenses. We are also praying that we won't have to update our homestudy again (that would be in August of next year---and another $500). We know God will provide through all of this!

On another note, Tommy's Grandma is continuing to worsen. My heart feels heavy and on the way home tonight I began crying at the thought of not having her around anymore. Tommy says he's been trying to prepare himself for it too. Hospice is coming everyday now and she is really weak. While the selfish side of me wants her here, the other side of me definitely does not want her to suffer. It's such a hard thing to pray for but we know God's will, will be done. I lost my paternal Grandmother to cancer 9 years ago this same month so I think a lot of those feelings are coming back too.

4 comments:

  1. I know the waiting stinks but keep the faith that there is an end to this wait and that end will be a sweet little baby in your arms.

    When we got our first little dresses for Sophia before she was here I used to go look at them and imagine what it would be like to dress her up in those dresses and it seemed like a dream but that dream DOES come true so keep those dreams alive because one day you will be dressing your little one in those onesies and you'll remember these days with a smile.

    Sending prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how hard it is to be waiting and not having anything in our control - although in God's control is the best. We are praying hard about the tax credit too - that is huge for us!! Prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of - and inspired by - your attitude about the adoption. As a fellow 'waiter' I totally feel your struggle! I promise you it WILL be worth it.

    I'm so sorry to hear about Tommy's grandma. It's excruciating watching someone you love go through that. I will pray for her and for you guys too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's difficult not knowing when something is going to happen, could be today, could be in 3 months. But, this is how God wants it to be. I hope you get your surprise soon! I didn't know about the adoption tax credit, I sure hope they prolong it. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete