Monday, September 20, 2010

Being too busy=getting sick!

We have been so busy lately! In one way it's nice because it keeps our minds occupied but in others, it wears you down! We had a busy weekend. Our church is a new plant church in our area and we had a big launch weekend. We helped out with that almost all day on Saturday. Then we were back over there at 8 Sunday morning to help get things set up for the service. In between the volunteering times, we were at Tommy's Grandma's. We visited with her for a while on Friday night and then took her and Tommy's mom dinner on Saturday night. Sunday, we had a big "Sunday lunch" with a lot of the family. It was nice having everyone together. It seems like none of us do those big Sunday lunches anymore.

Needless to say, last night we were exhausted. I had a little bit of a scratchy throat but when I woke up this morning, I felt like a truck had hit me. It feels like a head cold, probably something I caught from one of my "darlings" at school, but the running all weekend probably didn't help. I've been resting since I got home from work so hopefully tomorrow will be better.

On a fun note, my best friend's birthday is Saturday. We've been friends since the 9th grade (18 years now--that sounds scary) :) We've been talking about going to this place that offers an "indoor skydiving" experience (sky venture). So we are taking a little road trip on Saturday to try it out. I'm really excited. Tommy will decide when we get there if he's going to do it (and if they'll let him) :) It should be fun and I'll definitely post some pictures once we get back.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, indoor skydiving...sounds like fun! I might even be up for that. :)

    I wish I came from a family that did big lunches/brunches on Sunday...I sure hope that when I have my own family of kiddos we can incorporate that into our lives. So many families just split up after church or don't even make time to see each other on the weekends. And that's not what life is about.

    Anyways, hope you get things figured out and sure hope you get feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been having lots of fun...hope you feel better soon!!! I had that cold a couple of weeks ago, drink EmergenC it works great!!

    ReplyDelete