Sunday, September 5, 2010

Long Weekend :)

I love long weekends! Don't get me wrong, I really love my job and being around those great (well mostly great) kids all week. But, it's nice to sleep in, catch up on things around the house, or just do nothing! We've had a great weekend so far. We spent yesterday at the beach and it was so nice. Hurricane Earl didn't really do anything here so that was good. However, because of the rough seas, there were lots of shells that washed up on the beach. We even found a few sharks teeth. Tonight we're headed over for a cook-out with some friends.

There's nothing new on the adoption front and I've really had that "baby itch" over the past week. I just really want something to happen. I know it will but we just have to wait for God's perfect timing. We did email our social worker because we're thinking about taking a cruise next year and wanted to see what she advised as far as being out of the country, especially if we haven't been placed yet. She told us it was fine; just to let her know that we wouldn't have phones and everything could wait until we got back. Kind of scary in one way but in another we still have to live our lives too.

Tommy's Grandma is not doing well. She told his mom that she feels weaker and feels like she is slipping away. She's also gotten really swollen lately too. It's like that double edged sword, we want her here but we don't want her to have to suffer either. She's such a strong woman and it's hard to see her hurt.

I'm looking forward to having the day off tomorrow and sleeping in a bit!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still praying with you guys for your adoption and Tommy's Grandma. If you guys need anything let us know. BTW, thanks for all the hard work you guys do along side us. We love you guys and could not advance without you.
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the adoption pulls through soon. But, hopefully you can take that cruise no matter what God has planned for you! I have never been on one...just a ferry boat ride from WA to Canada before. LOVE the ocean though!

    -Jess
    http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete