Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My latest hobby

This past winter, I felt like I needed a new hobby :) Tommy says I already have too many and most go for a bit and then sit around not finished. My goal this summer was to work on scrapbooks. Notice the word "was"; summer's not over yet so I guess I still have some time. I always have all of these great plans when I'm off during the summer but then there are so many distractions. Fun distractions, but distractions. I'm going to try to get going on those scrapbooks. Maybe this will keep me more accountable.

Anyways, this new hobby, he actually LOVES. Couponing. I never thought I could get into it or would have the time. But thankfully there are some dedicated sites out there now that keep me informed of the latest and greatest sales. There are a couple of rules to coupons: you can't be a "brand snob" and you have to just go with the flow when it comes with sales (meaning you may have to wait a week to buy something). I have stockpiled our cabinets and our freezer with all kinds of things, from meats to toilet paper. I love seeing how much I'm saving us by doing this and all I'm doing is cutting some coupons on Sunday evenings and then looking at different blogs to find the good sales. I don't think I've spent over $40 a week in groceries and household items since I started this in March. And then of course all of these savings can go into the baby fund!

Today I had to drop some things off at Goodwill and decided I'd head over to Tar.get. I ended up buying Armor All car wash; tire cleaner; 4 boxes of eggos; 4 boxes of cereal (special-k); 1 package of sandwich thins and my total was $5.90. Woohoo! I was excited (and still am) :) I know it's sad at the types of things that can make you excited now; I must be getting old :)

4 comments:

  1. WOW, that is amazing! I still have the links you sent me but haven't gotten organized yet! Maybe in July ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, what are these links? I need them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a couple to get you started :)
    http://myfrugaladventures.com/
    http://hip2save.com/
    http://www.totallytarget.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete