Sunday, July 4, 2010

We took the plunge!

Well after all these years of trying to have a baby and never knowing what may happen, we've taken the plunge and bought a crib! It really seems weird to have it in the house, in "the room" actually. It's still hard to say it's a "nursery." I will post some pictures once we get things set up. We have a dresser we need to paint and then we'll buy the changing table. Here's what we bought though if you want a sneak peek.

I think I already said that in the beginning of this adoption journey, we didn't think we'd want to set up a nursery. However, after much prayer and listening to what others had to say about it who had been there done that, we decided it would help prepare us mentally for this child that is to come. Buying it now will also help on all of the money that will have to come out of our pockets once our baby does come home.

So the interesting story from yesterday.......We drove up to my brother in law's. He works for a car dealership and had the guys put new tires on our SUV. Anyways, while I was waiting for he and Tommy to get finished (it took forever), I overheard a conversation between a car salesman and customer. I didn't catch the beginning of it but as they walked by the customer (a woman, a younger woman I might add) tells him, "yes now when you adopt, you know what's going to happen." The salesman chimes in, "yes we'll get pregnant." The customer: "it really all has to do with relaxing and that's usually why it happens like that." REALLY? I had to do everything within me to not open up to them that that's not always how things work. We decided to adopt a year ago and have been completely peaceful and "relaxed" about it so why aren't we pregnant? Wonder how they would have answered that one? It's so funny that some people think things are that easy. Maybe that's been our problem for 4 years now, we just aren't "relaxed" :)

I think Tommy was excited about the crib. He put it together as soon as we got home. For now we will just continue to pray for our baby and the expectant parents as we wait.

Happy 4th of July everyone! We are headed to Tommy's Grandma's to cookout with all of the family. We are all meeting up at her house since she's not able to get out. I hope you all have a great evening!

7 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE that crib! It's so pretty and your baby will love it too.

    I got mad just reading about the woman and the car salesman! That makes me so angry! If I had a nickel for every time I heard that junk, I'd be rich. I eventually started to get a feel for which people would say it and which wouldn't. I even started telling the ones I thought were likely to say it, "oh, we're adopting... and please don't say we'll get pregnant once it happens, my body is broken and adoption won't change it!" (Nicely, of course.) It's fun to watch their faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crib! Wow, that must be so exciting!! :) Can't believe the conversation at the dealership- wow. Hope you have fun at Tommy's Grandma's- I'm praying for her along with my grandpa (hug)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! I wish we had a white crib, but beggers can't be choosers, right?! LoL We were very lucky to get a great deal on a set from a friend.
    Anyway, good for y'all to take that plunge! It makes me happy to see our crib set up! With adoption, we are closer than we have ever been! And it's a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the crib and i cannot count the times I have heard someone say "once you adopt or relax etc..you'll get pregnant" when the truth is...adoption isn't plan B, it was God's plan all along and His eternal plan involved adoption and we will only get pregnant if God wants us to! I wish I could say that to the people each time! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured a guy needed to chime in and say a word or two. :) I love the post and you guys are awesome! We are praying with you guys. Love the crib too, is it one of those that can double as a bed or whatnot. Remember I am a guy and I don't know the lingo, but I have to learn just like my Espanol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of the comments on the crib. We really like it.

    Travis-I'm glad you commented! :) Yes it's a convertible crib (crib, toddler bed, daybed, and then full bed). You'll learn the lingo if you stick around, just like the Espanol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the white! Thanks for the follow. I'm following you too now! Can't wait to read the story of how your little one finds you!

    ReplyDelete