Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New creation

Last summer, my best friend and I took a Cake Decorating class at Mich.ael's. We had a lot of fun and learned how to do all sorts of things (watch out cake.bo.ss) :) I love to cook and bake but during the school year, there's not a lot of time for "playing" in the kitchen. I've made several cakes for birthdays and things like that but it's been a while since I've created anything recently.

My best friend had to go to some other offices today and she usually brings them "treats." I told her I would make something for her to take this week. I made chocolate cupcakes with buttercream icing. Then I decided I would try making chocolate candies. I had a mold with different shells so that's the one I used. Here's what the result looked like:


Hopefully she gets a good response from them today!

3 comments:

  1. You should post some of your cakes- they were amazing! These are so cute, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are absolutely adorable! You have a talent. Have you thought about doing a cake/cupcake business on the side?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are very talented. Those cupcakes are gorgeous.

    Yes, we are in the beginning stages of our DIA process so there isn't much to report just yet. We are still trying to find an agency here that does Home Studies. Hopefully things will start to move along soon.

    I actually saw your blog through someone else's earlier today, but I'm still a bit shy crashing people's blogs. Glad you found me :)

    ReplyDelete