Thursday, July 8, 2010

Waiting

Have you ever waited for something? Of course, we all have. When we are young, we wait to get older so that we can have new freedoms. Then we wait to be a teenager; then to get a driver's license and drive. We then wait for school to be finished so we can graduate. The next milestone, turning 21.

Then there are those big "life memories" that we wait for: a first date; a first kiss; the prom; graduating; going to college; finding a spouse; getting married; buying a house or even a car; having children; and then waiting for retirement :)

It's just how we as humans do things. We go through the motions, all the while we wait. We're all waiting for something. For many of us, it is waiting for children, for others it could be waiting for a job or for a loved one to return home. But during this season of waiting, often times it's very easy to get distracted or even bogged down with the negatives. Will it ever happen? Why does God allow this to happen to me? Why can she be pregnant and I can't? Why does God allow this to happen to some of us but not all of us? Why do some seem to have the easy paved road and others seem to be walking through the rocks and mud? I have no clue why some of us are subject to these things and others are not. I don't know why people who seem very deserving of children can't have them but those that don't want them fall pregnant everyday. But I do know that God is more than able to handle all of this and He sees the big picture. When I saw a younger girl pregnant or heard about someone doing drugs and having babies I would always wonder "why" but Tommy used to always say, you never know what lesson God is trying to teach them.

Philippians 4:6-9 says:
6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

So during this time of waiting, we all can grow. I truly believe God wants to give us the desires of our hearts; it just may be in a different way than we first thought possible.

I'm leaving you with one of my favorite songs for you to enjoy! What are you waiting for?


5 comments:

  1. Very true--we are always waiting for something. Right now, I am waiting for the money to pursue IVF. After over two years of trying to have a baby, I'm waiting for it to be my turn. I feel like I've waited long enough, but I have hope and faith that my time will come.

    Just like I have hope and faith that your time will come, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog...and you're so right. Hope you're enjoying your summer! As always, you're in my thoughts and prayers for this "waiting" to end soon!!!

    Take care,
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song!! I am glad that we can encourage each other during this time of waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that song! I never thought out wait would end. Technically, I guess we are still waiting - to see if our birhtmom will follow through, but it seems like such a done deal. We are so attached to this baby we have named Khloe. She'll be here before we know it! I remember how excruciating our wait was for our book to go out the first time. Looking back, it was like it was nothing. Praying for you guys to have a short wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that song is going to have to go on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete