Thursday, July 1, 2010

Girls Night

Last night my best friend from high school and I went to see Eclipse. Yes, we are reliving our middle school days and I have to confess that we're hooked! It's funny when you look around and there are more middle-aged women there instead of teenagers! The movie was really good and we had a great time catching up.

On adoption news, our social worker emailed yesterday and things have picked up a bit in the offices (there are 3 in our state). We don't know if anything has gone on with our profile but I'm ok with that right now. Hopefully we'll receive a quarterly update from them soon. She did tell us that her longest waiting family (right at 2 years), received their baby 3 weeks ago. So that's great news to hear.

The waiting has been a bit difficult this week but I know it's because I've been at home and not really doing anything. I continue to remind myself that this is all in God's hands and He will provide when the situation is right for us. This was in my devotional this morning: "There are times I think it might be better to have my future predictable, but looking back, I'm always grateful God didn't tell me ahead of time."

2 comments:

  1. I'm hooked, too! One of my best friends is flying into town to watch it with me. No joke. I went out and bought my Team Edward shirt today, too.

    That's great news about your agency. It sounds like they move quickly to make placements. Hopefully they will get back to you soon about your profile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm hello!!!! I loved Eclipse!! I got hooked on the books about 3 years ago. I even taught them to the 7th grade English class as modern fiction. Hey, it was an excuse to read something I wanted to an dye my hair red..lol. I know your prayers are going to be answered soon and that your baby is searching for you too. Patience grasshopper. I can't wait to hear more on the adoption front. Happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete