Thursday, December 30, 2010

Working it!

Last night my friend, Ashley and I, went to our first Zumba class. We had a great time! We both were worried we wouldn't be able to keep up but when we saw a lady who could have been our Grandma walking in, we thought we'd be ok! I loved it! It's so much fun and you can feel the burn as you're working out. I think we're going to try to go a couple of times a week. My arms are a little sore this morning :) It's all of those places where you never knew you had muscles!

Tommy took off today and he's with some of the guys from church on a disaster recovery trip. They're helping build a deck and ramp for our Pastor's wife's dad, he had a stroke a couple of months ago. I'm trying to absorb in as much as I can in these last few days off! I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of the year.

On the adoption front, just in case any of you haven't heard. I did some researching yesterday and found out that the adoption tax credit has been extended until December 2012. It had currently been extended until December 2011 and had been increased by $1000 and is fully refundable. The article from adoption council said they aren't sure if the amount will change but they felt like it would stay the same. I'm so thankful it's been extended. Not only will it help us but will also help others who want to adopt.

5 comments:

  1. Zumba!!! Love that class.

    I, too, am thankful for the adoption tax credit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such good news about the tax credit!! I have heard about Zumba but have never tried it- it sounds like alot of fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zumba is great! During the waiting time, we can use all the good news we can get (including tax info), right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work at Curves and they just incorporated Zumba with the Curves circuit. Its a huge hit with our members. I've attended two classes already and have discovered my hips and renewed respect for dance coordination. You are right. I discovered muscles I knew I had, but hadn't moved in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just awesome about the adoption tax credit! It will help so many couples.

    I did zumba once or twice in college and really enjoyed it! There's something for everyone, just gotta find what works. I like the Biggest Loser workout DVDs...they sure make me sweat!

    ReplyDelete