Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Peace

I really have a great sense of peace these days. I think it's in part due to the holidays and not working and just having the extra time reflect on all of the things that we do have. I am so encouraged by so many of you and your stories. We can see how God is working and providing and that's an awesome thing!

Our niece and nephew came over Monday night and spent the night with us. They are staying all week with Tommy's mom and dad. They are pretty funny and have grown up a lot. My niece informed us that her favorite food was ribs so along with spaghetti we also had ribs for dinner. I was surprised she actually ate them. We watched one of the Home Alone movies and it was great to listen to them laugh. It makes me remember all of those care free days of being a kid. Bailey loved having them over and having someone to play with.

I have been really praying hard this week for all of us waiting. I pray that this is the year that God does awesome things for our families. This was in my devotional this morning and I thought it was really appropriate for everything we do.

"The person who succeeds is not the one who holds back, fearing failure, nor the one who never fails-but rather the one who moves on in spite of failure." "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3

1 comment:

  1. Amen, blog friend!
    Thank you for your sweet comment and prayers. Please know I am praying for you, too!

    ReplyDelete