Sunday, December 19, 2010

10 months

We hit the 10th month of waiting on Friday. Really, in most ways, it doesn't feel like we've been waiting that long. But when I look back, it seems like it's been forever ago since we started the process. I had a rough week last week. I don't know if it was because of the potential situation that my friend told me about (we've heard nothing) or just that time of getting closer to the holidays. I can't wait for the day when we have a child to share in the joy of this season. I mean let's face it, it's great to see and hear kids talk about this time of the year.

I had to get myself together though and get my focus back. I know God is protecting us and He'll bring the perfect situation to us. Tommy and I were talking and we both said it's better to be "just waiting" than to have to go through a failed match or placement. We emailed our social worker this week too and she said they have been busy but that a lot of expectant mothers have changed their minds at the last minute. She said the birthparent counselor in Raleigh was pretty discouraged. We're just continuing to pray that God will bring these women to our agency and will work in them-no matter what they decide; we want them to know and have a relationship with Him above all else. So after I spent some time in prayer and had some nice chats with my wonderful husband, I'm back on track. I can't wait to see how God is going to use us this upcoming year.

We've had a pretty busy weekend but we've also had lots of fun. We went with some friends to a place about an hour away from here called Mike's farm. It started out as a Christmas tree farm but now they have a restaurant, bakery, and hayrides. There's always a really long wait to eat so we went up early and got our names on the list. While we waited, we decided to go for the hayride. They go through the tree farm and it's all decorated with lights. They play music as you go through and in one part it snows on you (probably the closest thing we'll see to snow) :) We had a great time and have decided that will be our yearly tradition. We also had a Christmas party last night with Tommy's family and some close friends. We had a great time and laughed so much that our stomachs hurt!

We finished up our shopping yesterday and we're ready! I love giving gifts to others and I'm excited about giving our parents their gifts. I'm also very excited that I don't have to wake up early this week or next!

I almost forgot to add....I lost 1.2 pounds this week (WOOHOO!) and (are you ready for this)..met my 10% goal! I'm ready to tackle this holiday eating season :)

2 comments:

  1. Go girl!! Way to meet that goal!! Confession time: I went back to the old plan for this past week, and on my scale have lost 2 more lb. I weigh in at my meeting tomorrow night so we will see how it goes. I think I am close to another 5 lb goal, which is really close to my 10% goal!

    There have been several failed matches with our agency this year, too. I have always been okay with the wait as long as *something* was going on for other couples. But it has been quite a dry spell lately. While I am not happy that y'all are facing it too, I am thankful that it is not just our agency.

    Enjoy sleeping in tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how sitting down for a little prayer time puts us 'back on track' for so many things in our lives? It reminds us that He is in control, not us. It seems I succeed most on goals when I have an active prayer life. It centers me on Him and keeps me grounded on what is important.

    He will protect you in all you do and use you for amazing things in 2011! I just know it! He knows what He's doing, and it will be just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete