Tuesday, December 7, 2010

7 more days..

Seven more school days with the kids and then we're out for break! School is a crazy place to be at right now, especially with pumped middle school kids! They are so excited for Christmas :) It's funny listening to them and all of their stories. One of my students gave me the prettiest poinsettia with greenery today. I've never seen anything quite like it and it is beautiful.

Our bedroom furniture gets delivered tomorrow and I'm excited about that. I can get all of my clothes off of the spare bed :)

It has turned soooooooo cold here. You know me, I am all about warm weather so I am not liking this too much. It was in the 20s here this morning and only made it to about 40 for a high. I know some of you are laughing at that but for this beach going girl, that's COLD! It has also been really windy so that doesn't help matters.

Our Christmas parties over the weekend were really fun. We had a great time and I got to catch up with my "country friends." What I was most impressed with though was Friday night. We went out to dinner with Tommy's co-workers and their wives. One couple lives near us and they rode with us. She is about 2 months pregnant. They had been trying for about 6 months. She talked about the pregnancy and I was truly happy for her. I *think* I am almost to the point where it doesn't bother me anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still have my days but this was a great feeling. At dinner, towards the end they all started talking about it and different things about what they are and are not going to be able to do anymore. At first it was a bit awkward but I really didn't have any of those angry, sad, or why can't this be me thoughts.

I really thought about it on the way home and I have realized that God has really changed my heart. I remember feeling sad around this time of year because we don't have children, because my parents aren't Grandparents, because there aren't children running all over the place at the different houses that we visit. This year it feels different. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait until that happens but right now, I feel very blessed to be where we are. To know that God is working and that His plans are always better than what our feeble minds can come up with. I feel renewed and full of hope and I thank God for changing my heart into what and who He wants me to become.

3 comments:

  1. Yah, I don't think it got about 30 today, and it's suppsoed to be 14 tonight!!! So glad you're feeling renewed this Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how precious that the Lord has your heart in a good spot right now. I pray you stay there! Every family has their own story and it is a beautiful thing when we can appreciate that about each other.

    And I am SO not diggin' this cold snap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are allowing God to change your heart this Christmas! The holidays are very difficult for some. Someday you will have your special little one/s. Enjoy this precious time with family.

    P.S. 40 degrees is HOT! :)

    ReplyDelete