Friday, December 3, 2010

Busy, busy!!

Well the holidays are upon us and boy are our calendars filled! I actually don't mind because I love getting together with our families and friends.

Last night I went to a dinner with Tommy's mom. They honored Tommy's Grandma by starting a silver platter which will be awarded to someone who shows excellence in service. They spoke so highly of her and the woman (one of our state representatives) who was given the award last night also said really remarkable things about her. I know she would have been humbled at this. It was a special night.

Tonight we are going down to Myrtle Beach for Tommy's work party. I have no idea why they decided to go there but we will do some shopping before we meet them all to eat. Tomorrow we are going to our friends little boy's 3rd birthday party and then we have another Christmas party at Tommy's Great Uncle and Aunt's in the country. "Up there" I'm known as "city girl." (ha ha) Every summer Tommy's uncle grows corn and has us all come up to help with the shucking and then we freeze it to use during the winter. One of his friends used to make fun of me because we live in "the city" and he was surprised that I knew how to do it. So from that point forward, I became "city girl."

At some point during this busy weekend we have to clean out our drawers, night stands etc so we can donate those pieces to Goodwill. Our furniture comes on Wednesday :)

My mom called this week to let me know that we are "celebrities;" we were pictured with some friends from a benefit dinner/auction we went to for cystic fibrosis. You can see it here (we're on the bottom of page 62).

3 comments:

  1. Wow - you have a lot of fun things planned! I love Myrtle Beach. I used to go all the time when we lived in Wilmington as a kid. I miss that area of the world. :) Have a great time tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a lot of things going on!! I love staying busy! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have some down time at some point!! But all the things you are doing sound like alot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete