Thursday, August 4, 2011

Life matters!

I'm posting this with permission from my cousins. If you remember back to March, they lost their sweet baby boy. In NC they don't issue birth nor death certificates for stillborn births. Please read this story, pass it along to others, and sign the petition in hopes that our legislators will see the importance of life! Here's their story:

I went through 40weeks and 2 days of pregnancy with my beautiful little Zion . However, he was born sleeping March 29th 2011.I went through labor just as if he were breathing that day. I delivered a baby, a life that mattered, but yet that is not what our... legislation says. I was not entitled to a birth or death certificate according to NC state laws. What??? I just gave birth to a 7lb 9oz 20 in. long baby with his daddy's chin and long fingers and his sister's pouty lips. He was perfect and definitely a life , a human being. He was a part of me. How can God's creation not matter. I had to give birth to him , give him a proper memorial service ,I got a whopping hospital bill and dr bills , but for what ??The hospital was not required to give me a birth certificate or death certificate that would acknowledge what we just went through. It's been over 4 months and nothing but a box full of trinkets from the hospital, a locket of his precious black hair and a few pictures for when our memories fade. Please help us as we try to change the legislation of this state. Zion's life did matter to so many of us. Please be one to help change the laws so NC moms that have to give birth to their sleeping babies can have some acknowledgment that their baby's life matters.Thanks for our family and friends we love you and thank you so much for your support throughout the darkest time of our life. Please go to the link and sign the petition!!! http://www.thepetitionsite.com​/3/certificate-of-birth-result​ing-in-stillbirth-in-north-car​olina/

1 comment:

  1. I signed. Thanks for sharing this- this is absolutely nuts and I pray this legislation gets changed and soon. Not fair.

    ReplyDelete