Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A new year

Well it's already that time of year again, a new school year is getting ready to begin (whether I'm ready or not) :) While I do love my job, I hate to have to leave home. I feel like summer has just started! My Grandma is biting at the bit to be able to come over and keep our little doodlebug while I'm at school. I'm so glad that she's still able to do that for us.

This year is different. As I was watching him play in the tub tonight, I realized this is my first school year going in as a mother. I could feel the tears in my eyes because I remember all too well going to school 3 years ago, pregnant, but not knowing if my babies were going to make it. I remember walking into school that year and thinking how things were going to change. God had other plans. But now, I am a mom and I couldn't be happier. He brings so much joy to our lives. That heartache and sting of infertility is still there but now my prayers have come to life in this sweet baby boy. I am so, so thankful that he is in our family and for his birthmother who chose life.

Party plans are up and running for Saturday too! At first I wasn't sure how many would be coming but we have been overwhelmed with family and friends that are going to make it! I'm so excited that they are going to come celebrate our "official" family!

1 comment: