Thursday, July 28, 2011

6 months

I know I have been completely slack at updating the blog but to be honest I have been enjoying some lazy summer days with my sweet boy! I have to go back to work in 2 weeks; I can't believe that summer has gone by so fast. I told Tommy that I couldn't believe it has gone by so fast and I feel like I really haven't done anything. He told me I've been busy, I just haven't realized it :) It's a different kind of busy but I love every minute of it!

I can't believe that we have a 6 month old! In just a few short months, we'll be planning a birthday party! We have decided to have an adoption finalization party for him though :) We debated about whether or not to do it but then thought it would just be a fun way to celebrate and have everyone join us at the beach house for a fun dinner. I'm really looking forward to it.

Garrett went to the doctor today and it went well. He's doing great and didn't weigh as much as I thought he would. I thought he was going to be over 20 lbs :) So here are some 6 month stats :)
Height: 27.3 inches
Weight: 19 lbs 14 oz
He's been sitting up on his own since mid June and that's the same time he cut his two bottom teeth. The doctor doesn't think it's going to be too much longer before the top ones try to come through. He continues to make all sorts of noises and his newest "noise" is a blowing sound; it's pretty funny.

We continue to be in awe of everything he is doing and learning and we feel so blessed to be able to come along for the ride!

2 comments: