Monday, August 8, 2011

Mountain trip and a sick baby

We went for one last trip this past weekend before I have to go back to school this Thursday. We went up and stayed in my Aunt and Uncle's cabin in the mountains. We had a great time and Garrett seemed to enjoy himself. We were hoping to find cooler weather but the heat seemed to follow us there!

There was also another reason for this trip; we had the opportunity to meet with Garrett's birthmom on Friday. I'm not sure how I thought things would go but it didn't necessarily go the way I thought it would. Not that it was bad, it was just different. We didn't feel threatened or anything like that because I know that's what a lot of people usually think. I can't go into a lot of details here because you just never know who is reading this stuff and I want to respect their privacy. I'm glad we did it because I had a lot of questions/worry in my mind about her and I'm glad I was able to see her and get some of those things cleared up. I would really be surprised if we got another chance at doing this again. We did get some pictures of her with Garrett and I'm glad we'll have those to share with him later.

And speaking of my sweet boy. He's so sick. I can't stand to see him this way. I had some sort of little head cold/sinus stuff last week and I think he's caught it. I had to take him to the doctor this morning and besides the congestion, poor thing has a hard time breathing, he had a fever, sore throat, and an inner ear infection. They put him on antibiotics and said they usually start feeling better in a couple of days. I hope so because work will be here before I know it!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got a chance to meet with Garrett's birthmother. I'm sure he'll be grateful for those pictures later on. Sorry he's sick- hope he gets better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had a good visit with Garrett's birthmother. Cherish those photos!

    ReplyDelete