Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rough week

It's been one of those weeks where I want to leave from work, get home as quickly as I can, and love on my little doodle. There are so many times in life when we take things for granted and I don't want to fall into that. I want to soak up every minute with him and love on him!

This week a lot of old emotions have surfaced. Most know that Tommy and I lost twins at 8 weeks and it's been on my mind a lot this week. Why? We found out on Monday night that my cousin and his wife, who were expecting their second child, learned that the baby had died. She was a few days past due, full term. I can't even imagine what they are going through. I know how hard it was on us and we were no where near being full term. My aunt said from what the doctors could tell, there was nothing wrong with the baby. She said she thought that was best because if there had been, God couldn't get all of the glory. Their faith has been amazing to witness. She said they knew that God knew what He was doing and He knew they could handle this, wow! Their little girl is 2 and I know it must be difficult explaining all of this to her. Keep their family in your prayers.

I think a lot of times we get so busy in the day to day things that we forget how truly blessed we are. I'm so thankful for everything I have in my life!

6 comments:

  1. am definitely keeping them in my prayers- you, too, as you miss your doodlebug during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have attended more little baby funerals than I can count on one hand. It is something I know I won't understand on this side of glory. But praise God that your cousin and his wife are not just grieving, but grieving with HOPE. I will pray for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you have had a rough week. I will be praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. So sorry to hear about this. Praying for all of you. It truly puts life into perspective.

    I bet you can't wait for summer vacation to love on your darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry. I will keep them in our prayers.Thank God for his peace and grace.

    ReplyDelete