Friday, March 4, 2011

2 for 2 :)

Well the past 2 nights, Doodlebug has slept through the night! I know we are definitely spoiled with him! We fed him at 9 last night and loved on him for a bit and then put him to bed. He slept until 5 this morning. I'm praying this trend continues especially with me going back to work next week.

I know there are so many of you hurting right now. I have no idea what a failed adoption feels like and I know we are so blessed beyond measure with this sweet boy. But know that I'm praying and I know God is working. And for all of my friends still waiting, I'm praying for you guys too! I don't just say that, you are on the forefront of my prayers each morning.

We are going to soak up this last day of me being at home before I go back to work on Monday. We're having lunch with Tommy and then we have a big weekend ahead of us. My sister is getting married in May and my mom and I are having a shower for her tomorrow. Sunday is baby dedication day at our church. This will be such a sweet memory for us! We're also getting the garden ready. I'm going to try and attempt to make Doodlebug's baby food--I know we still have a ways to go but I'm a planner by nature :) The awesome thing is everything will be in season when it's time for him to have solids. I'd love to hear any tips you may have!

Enjoy the time you have right now. No matter what is going on remember that God's grace is sufficient and will pull you through! I hope you all have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post. :) And thank you for your sweet prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post too!! I know although we are stills a few days away from placement, I am feeling definitely for those still waiting too...I know how hard it is but you are right God's plan are better & he has it already planned...sometimes it's just hard!! Cannot wait to share baby things with you...we definitely have to meet someday too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet words! They are very encouraging and have made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, I hope he continues to sleep through the night for you! :) I bet that is such a blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a tip on the baby food. After you make a batch, use ice trays to freeze, then just pop out how many you will need and thaw in a zip lock baggie. (a great idea from Parents Magazine). I have been following your blog and am so happy for your new added blessing. Children are just pure joy, mine are 25 and 29 and I still feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for sleep! I pray the good rest continues. Yes, God's grace is endless, and for that, I am truly thankful!

    ReplyDelete