Friday, March 25, 2011

2 month check-up

Garrett had his 2 month check-up at the doctor yesterday. I had to meet Tommy at the doctor's office because he couldn't do the shots alone :) The doctor said he looks great and healthy. She went on about how sweet he is (of course we know that) :) and how great he looked. Are you ready for this? He weighed in at a whooping 14.4 pounds (yep our little piggy) and is now 23.5 inches long. I told Tommy I didn't want him to get any bigger; I wish he could stay little forever :) She said he wasn't "fat" and that with him going so long in between feedings that was fine. She likes a little "meat" on them :)

Then came time for the shots. He had to have 3 shots and one given orally (all vaccinations). When the nurse gave him the oral one out of the syringe, he was eating it up. She said, wow he's like a pro--we usually don't see them eat it like this until they are about 6 months old. I told her he would eat anything that is put in his mouth :) I held his arms while she gave him the shots in his legs. As soon as the first needle went in, his face turned blood red, his mouth opened as wide as it could and he screamed to the top of his lungs. And I mean screamed. Needless to say he was not a fan of those. We finally got him calmed down and put him in the car seat and he fell asleep :) I'm glad we don't have to do that again next month! He goes back, for round 2 of shots, at 4 months.

We are enjoying every second we have with him. I love it that he's starting to make noises and he smiles when we smile at him. He's really starting to notice everything around him too. The one thing I really dislike, he's growing up way too fast!

9 comments:

  1. Aw, it's hard watching them get shots! I cannot believe he is 2 months old already. They do grow too fast. I cannot believe I had my first kiddo 11 years ago!! I keep telling myself "God made us to grow and change...God made us to grow and change..." :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad he's doing well! I think I'm going to cry the first time my child gets shots. I'm such a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have STILL not been able to be in the room when Aidan gets shots. That's Daddy's job. (But I'm incredibly squeamish about needles in general.) I'm so glad G is doing so well! Isn't it wonderful to hear an actual doctor talk about how great they're doing? It makes me so happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great news (except about the shot-giving and receiving!) keep up the good work, mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My peds office had a great suggestion for helping them to feel better about the shots. They give the oral vaccination last, since sucking=comfort for infants. It worked so great with Audrey. She still wasn't thrilled about the shots, but she seemed to calm down quicker with the oral vaccination given last. Glad you all made it through okay <3 ~Koelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah glad to hear he is growing and healthy. We had that experience in the doctor yesterday too however it was due to blood draw and circumcision..fun stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, he weighs about the same as Jayden, who is 6 months. :) But, Jayden is a little peanut. It sounds like he is growing very healthy and strong. That's awesome.

    I found the 2 month shots to be the worst. 4 months were better. And 6 month ones were really not bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing how fast he's growing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 months...no kidding! Wow. Craziness. Glad to hear he is healthy and smiling. :)

    ReplyDelete