Thursday, March 10, 2011

Getting in the groove

Well I think we're beginning to get into a groove with me going back to work. Things have gone really well this week so far. My Grandma loves keeping Garrett and he's been super good for her. He's started to laugh more and it's so funny. I think he just noticed the animals on his bouncey seat and he just cracked up laughing at them the other day. I would love to know what he's thinking! He's been sleeping through the night too, which is a huge blessing with me coming back to work.

The kids at school were happy I was back but told me they wished the sub could grade their papers :) They all made me letters and drew their own impressions of a baby on them. They wrote the letter part in Spanish and they are pretty funny. It was nice to come in to those on Monday. I also allowed them to ask me any question they wanted on Monday about Garrett or about the adoption. I had heard many of them had questions and I wanted to use this opportunity to teach them about the process. Some of them thought that essentially there was a "line up" of babies and we just went and chose Garrett. So it was nice being able to share that with them.

The baby dedication last Sunday was great. I'll post some pictures this weekend. Obviously with coming back to work there hasn't been a lot of time for blogging or uploading pictures :)

2 comments:

  1. Your students sound sweet! Cannot wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have a routine down! Your students sound just so wonderful to care so much and have so much cute insight. :)

    ReplyDelete