Friday, June 11, 2010

A little about me

First, thanks for the warm welcome (thanks for the shout-out A)


It's so neat to see people come together with common interests and goals and I know for many of us it has meant the long road of infertility (but we'll save that story for another day)!

Tommy and I have been married for ten years-1999 (wow I feel old). When we were first married, we had both just completed college. I was working as a Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (that's a mouthful) and I loved working with the kids. The company....that's another story. We talked about things and decided I would quit working there. I knew I wanted to work with kids but I wasn't sure in what capacity. I was hired that school year as a Teacher's Assistant for a 1st grade classroom. I knew that if I could make it there, I would like to further my education with a teaching degree. Well, it turns out I loved it!

Then the hard task of deciding what to major in and what ages came into play. I have always had a love for Spanish and remembered a lot of it from high school (I became "instant" translator at the school I worked at). I thought about English as a Second Language but later decided I would major in Spanish; if I got tired of teaching I could always go into translating or something different.

I have been in the classroom for 10 years and I have just completed my 5th year of teaching at my current school. I teach middle school (7th and 8th grades)--no I'm not crazy...yet :)

We live on the coast and love it! We are surrounded by family and friends and share our home with our dog, Bailey.
Doesn't she have the sweetest face? This was after she ran back up on the dock from swimming last weekend.

So there you have it...just a little about me!

2 comments:

  1. So nice to meet you. I am a middle and high school English teacher. I think we may both be a little crazy...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great weekend :) We spent most of it outside, and we are now a few shades darker!! Hope to talk soon!

    ReplyDelete