Saturday, June 19, 2010

Catching up :)

I know I've been MIA for a few days! I tried posting through my great iph.one but it didn't work. I'll have to work on that.

I just returned from a "girls trip" to Biloxi, Mississippi. Tommy's Mom and Grandma invited me to come with them. Actually they've always wanted me to go with them but because of work or us being out of town, I could never get away. They go for the gambling; it's their little escape from reality I think. It doesn't really interest me but I had a great time lounging at the pool and taking in some new sights.

It really is beautiful there. The devastation left behind from Katrina is still very apparent. Our driver told us on the beach highway, out of 28 colonial homes, only 3 remain. Right now, the businesses are starving for tourists. Many people have changed their plans because of the oil. It wasn't there, yet.

All of that aside, we did have a great time and it was fun spending time with them. Tommy's Grandma has lung cancer and we don't know how much longer she'll be with us. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

Tommy's on vacation now and on Monday we leave for the Outer Banks! He's never been and I'm excited to show him all the ropes there! :)

No news on the adoption front, with the exception that now we have been waiting 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment