Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The neglected blog :)

Time is just slipping by! We have had so much going on that I haven't had a chance to sit down and write anything lately. Plus, to top off a great Easter weekend, Tommy and I have both come down with either food poisoning or a stomach bug. Yesterday was awful. I'm praying our little Doodlebug doesn't catch this!

He is doing so well. He continues to amaze me with the things he's doing. He is such a sweet baby and I know I am on the biased side but he really is one of the sweetest babies I've ever been around. We had a great Easter. We went to church, had family over for lunch, and rested :) My mom was off yesterday so she kept Garrett. She brought him by my school and the kids were really excited to see him. He's so much bigger now than when they first saw him. I do have lots of pictures to share but they'll have to wait until we get them all uploaded :)

The weekend before last, at church, a lady comes up to me (she knows us pretty well and knows the story of how we have gotten to this place) and asks how everything is going. I tell her about how great things are and then she asks, so is he getting aggravating yet? What?! I know I probably looked at her like she was crazy because I really couldn't believe she had asked this. I of course told her no that he truly is a great baby (anyways I don't see how a baby can be aggravating). She was like oh just wait. At that point I couldn't take it anymore and I told her that we are probably different than her; that we had to wait for him for a long time. We couldn't wait for the day to have a crying baby in our house, dirty diapers and all. That while we know parenthood can be difficult, we try to soak in every last minute of it. Of course she had no response to that.

I just don't get it. People say some of the craziest things sometimes. I know everything is not always rosey (hello, I'm a middle school teacher) but I also know that you have to take things in stride. It just really bugged me. Tommy said I did great in telling her that. I think he was pretty shocked that she said it too.

5 comments:

  1. Hopefully it was just food poisening and nothing else...glad to hear everything is going well though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes people can say some aggravating things and I think you did the right thing by saying exactly how you feel. Good job!

    Sorry we missed meeting last weekend which it sounds like you might not have been feeling up to it anyway. We will absolutely get together this summer sometime. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great response to that lady! I can totally relate to how you don't see your precious baby as aggravating. Khloe absolutely amazes us everyday. We take in every moment as if it were the most important in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your response! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better by now. And, I am so proud of you for sticking up for yourself. Something needed to be said, and it sounds like you spoke it perfectly. Going through IF makes us that much more blessed and open with ready arms to the ups and downs of parenting. Can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete