Thursday, February 3, 2011

Our little "piggy"

Garrett went for his 2 week check up today. I absolutely LOVE his doctor. She is awesome and is so supportive of adoption which makes things so much easier. He is up to 8 lbs 12 oz!!!! I can't believe it. She said that's fine and for us to keep doing what we've been doing. We noticed he was getting a bit fussy in the late afternoons/early evenings and we think it's because he's hungry. He's downing the 4 oz bottles now :) She told me to go ahead and bump it up a little and just watch him because he'll let us know when he's full. She also said that since he's already eating so much he may start sleeping longer at night. That made his daddy really happy :)

He's so sweet and we both love him more each day that passes. I'm so glad he's our's! We received all of the petition paperwork today to begin the filings with the court. It still feels surreal that we are on the latter part of this ride!

Speaking of weights, last week I was DOWN 4.4 lbs (I haven't weighed in 3 weeks). That makes my total 26.4 lbs!! WOOHOO! I think the Zumba is helping!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet growing boy! And good for you on your weight loss. 26.4 lb is amazing!! I told my hubby I am going to be at my lowest postpartum weight ever when our baby-to-be comes. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats on Garrett's weight gain and your weight loss! You'll have to join Zumba on Fridays at CFA now. Still so happy for you and can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAHOO for growing baby!!! I love your updates...they get me really exciting for what's coming. Hopefully someday we can actually meet and get together with our precious boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for a beautiful, growing boy! That's great news. And I need to start doing Zumba. I love Zumba, and it's such a good workout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oink oink ;-) that is awesome about his weight gain and your weight loss!!! :)

    ReplyDelete