Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Weekend recap

With having yesterday off from work, I thought I would get a chance to update my blog but that wasn't to be :) Our weekend was packed with fun stuff so I had to play catch up yesterday on laundry and all of my chores!

Tommy started back bowling this year. He's actually a really good bowler and I'm quite proud of him (he'll never admit to his ability). Anyways, he took last year off with everything going on with the adoption paperwork and we just needed a break from it. He's bowling at a new place close to our house which is great. He had to have some work done to his bowling balls so we took care of that on Friday night. Afterward, we had a great dinner at Outback, just the two of us. It was really nice.

On Saturday, we took the boat and followed my parents in my dad's boat to a small island near here (only accessible by boat). It is still really warm here, for which I am so thankful--I'm not a cold weather person, so it was really nice. Tommy was impressed by my cast net throwing abilities---I caught half of the bait and my dad caught the other half. My dad doesn't like to admit it but I was the first one to catch any of the bait :) When we got to the island, Tommy and my dad started surf fishing. My mom and I decided to take a stroll and "shell shop" as Tommy calls it. I think we walked about 8 miles, so much so that my feet had blisters from the sand that night. We ended up finding all kinds of cool shells. I even found a sand dollar and a huge conch shell. I'll have to post some pictures once I get them loaded on the computer. They didn't have much luck with fishing. We were trying to catch red drum but they only caught blue fish and my dad caught a stingray as well. We did get to see a huge school of dolphin that came by playing in the water. We stayed until sunset and had a beautiful boat ride back to the marina.

I'm reminded each time we're out like that at how fortunate we are and how blessed we all are at the beauty of the things God has put all around us. It was a perfect day and very relaxing, something we both needed.

On Sunday, Tommy got called in to work and I went to church. We then went to his parents and had dinner and I helped her with writing the thank you cards for flowers/memorials that people had sent for his Grandma's funeral.

We also learned that my aunt, my dad's sister, is back in the hospital. Her cancer has returned and has spread. My mom called this morning to let me know that her oxygen level dropped about 50% and they don't think she's going to make it much longer. It seems almost unreal that we're about to go through this again.

After my pity party last week about waiting, I have felt much better about things. My hope is renewed and I know God is going to provide; we just have to wait for His timing (I have to keep reminding myself of this). Thanks again for your continued prayers and know that I am praying for all of you as well!

3 comments:

  1. WOW you did have a jammed packed weekend, but somtimes those a better than sitting around home doing nothing or cleaning :) Anyway, we will be praying for you family & aunt...these things are just not fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome about all the shells you found! I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt- sometimes it feels like when it rains, it pours. Glad to hear you are feeling better about your wait for your baby- we're all praying for you, too, and I know that God has an amazing little one for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are going through a lot right now. You're right- God's timing is perfect! I was just discussing this with Colin last night how everything worked out so much better than how 'our' plans would have. There is a reason for all that He does. Praying for you and your family during this trying time.

    ReplyDelete