Thursday, September 6, 2012

Exciting news!

I know I said last time I was going to be back in full force with my blog entries.  Um ok, I failed :)  Life has been so busy lately and honestly I love soaking up every minute I can with my sweet baby boy.  Who by the way doesn't look like a "baby" anymore :(  I started back to work during the first part of August and it was hard coming back.  I miss being with Garrett and seeing his little smiling face.  But I do know that God has me where I am for a reason....to reach out and touch the lives of these students that I work with everyday.  For that I am grateful.  The school year has started off great and my classes are awesome.  I'm so fortunate to be able to work at such a great school and I'm counting the days until Garrett will get to come with me.

After much discussion, Tommy and I decided it was time to move Garrett to a preschool full time.  My Grandmother has watched him at our house since he was 2.5 months old.  It was a hard decision to make but with him being so mobile I know it was getting to be too much for her.  We also feel like the interaction with the other children will be good for him.  So on Tuesday, he started preschool for the first time.  He did great but his mama had a rough time!  It was so hard leaving him there and as I walked out of the room the director gave me a pep talk and told me to call later and check on him.  That's one of the reasons why we chose this place.  The people there are awesome.  It's also a faith based center which is nice.  So at lunch I called to check on him and his teacher said he was doing great.  They couldn't believe that he had never been to daycare because he was doing so well.  They have a slide in their class which he loves.  He ate his lunch but only took a 30 minute nap :)  They sleep on those little cots so I was worried he wouldn't sleep at all.  Yesterday he managed to sleep for an hour and fifteen minutes :)  He also came home with his first piece of artwork-a mixture of colors. He was playing when I got there and he took me around to show me the toys.  He seems so happy to be there and that makes me so glad.  So far he's had a great 2 days!

The other exciting news is that we have decided to start the adoption process again.  Thankfully we haven't had to redo everything since we are going with Bethany again.  We have had to fill out and sign paperwork which we finished this past weekend.  The only things left to do are getting physicals, attending the orientation meeting, and we should only have one homestudy visit.  I'm hoping we can get these things finished and be "officially waiting" by the first of the year.  We would definitely appreciate your prayers as we embark on this journey again!

Pictures coming soon :)  

10 comments:

  1. That's VERY exciting. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Congratulations on your wonderful news and I'm so glad that Garrett loves preschool. Knowing that makes the transition a lot easier for mommy and daddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news. We will be in prayer for you all during this process. Please do keep us posted.
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to be on this journey again with you! We haven't gotten our formal application yet and we'll be moving through the process a little slower but we're hoping to be on the waiting list shortly after the first of the year, too. By the way, we were told we wouldn't have to attend another meeting since we had already been through the process. We are having to redo all the paper chasing, though. Funny how different offices do different things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS on starting the adoption journey again...what a journey it is!! Praying that this child whomever they are will be joining your family in the near future!! God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! Praying for y'all as you begin adding to your family. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I am so excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited for ya'll! Garrett is going to be a great big brother! Praying for the process to go smoothly and quickly!
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun preparing for baby #2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this news!! Garrett is going to be an amazing big brother:) The Carr's will be praying!

    ReplyDelete