Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Prayers for my sweet hubby

First, I know I have been a total slacker on commenting lately! Things have been crazy busy around here. Only 7 more school days so that will help :)

I have lots of new pictures to post of my sweet boy; I can't believe how fast he's growing up!

I know I have posted before about Tommy's heart condition. It's a congenital defect that we will always have to deal with. He's done really well for the past year-no "major" irregular rhythms and the medicines seem to be working well. Rewind two weeks ago. He started feeling not so great. For him, it means he gets tired pretty quickly. At my sister's wedding I noticed he didn't look that great and he assured me it was just from running around taking pictures. He got winded a couple of times and would take a break but kept on running--just like normal. It's hard to make him stop and rest!

Last Wednesday, his doctor's office called. Every Tuesday, he has to "transmit" the information stored on his device (pacemaker with internal defibrillator). We have a little machine at home that has what looks like a computer mouse; he places that on his device and it takes the information and sends it to the doctor's office. He thought something was up because it was taking longer than normal to send. Well the nurse said he was indeed in an irregular rhythm (atrial fibrillation) and she was going to talk to the doctor. To fix this, he'll have to have a cardioversion (a procedure where they shock the heart, just like you see on those tv shows). I don't think you ever get "used" to going through this but because we've been through it so many times, at least we know what to expect. It's an out-patient procedure so if everything goes as planned we'll be home shortly after he's finished. The procedure is at 9 am and we would appreciate your prayers. Of course, yesterday he woke up and had to go to the doctor because on top of all of this, he now has pink eye :) Never a dull moment at our house :)

We appreciate your prayers and I'll keep you updated once we get home!

5 comments:

  1. Lots and lots of prayers headed your way. Please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (i dont know why, but my comment for this post went on your mother's day one! praying for you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and your family very hard!

    ReplyDelete