Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Big weekend

This past weekend was a big one for us! My sister got married on Saturday and then of course my first Mother's Day on Sunday. We had been preparing things all week for the wedding. She got married at the beach house and between my sister, my mom, and I we did everything! Talk about being exhausted! It really was beautiful though. As soon as we get finished editing some of the pictures, I'll post them here. The weather was perfect and everyone seemed to have a really good time. They left the beach house in classic beach style--in my new brother in law's boat. It was really cute. Tommy took all of the pictures and they look great. My mom thinks we should start up a little side business. We'll see what comes from it. It would be a great way to start saving up some money for adoption #2. And once you see some of the pictures, you will think it was a professional photographer that took them. Poor thing, he ran around so much with his many roles that he was exhausted too.

So, with all of the wedding fun, Mother's day was a bit different that what I envisioned it would be and feel like. We all were so tired from the wedding and cleaning up that I just wanted to go home and rest :) My sister bought me a Pandora's bracelet with a fish charm for helping with the wedding and then "Garrett" bought me a few more charms to add to the bracelet. It's really cute. We all went out and had lunch at a restaurant on the beach and it was really nice. Then, once we got home, we had to do all of the normal routine stuff--laundry etc. It really was a great day and I'm so thankful that I can now join in with the other mothers. We didn't even make it to church because we had so much to do. But that's ok, I really enjoyed spending the day with my family and my two favorite boys.

3 comments:

  1. Mother's Day is never in reality what we build it up to be in our heads, but it is always wonderful nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, pink eye and irregular rythym? for sure praying for you and him!! cant wait to see pictures you have :)

    ReplyDelete