Friday, November 18, 2011

Busy, busy-10 months

We stay so busy around here! Whew! I think things are finally beginning to slow down. Garrett turns 10 months old tomorrow?!?! Seriously, where has this year gone? If only time would have gone this fast during the wait, ha ha :) He continues to be such a blessing to us and we are so thankful that we have the privilege of raising him.

This week my heart melted just a bit more as he began to say the most precious word ever...."mama" :) He's been saying "dada" for a few months now and my Grandmother would tell me that he would say mama during the day but I wasn't a believer until I heard it for myself. He's also mimicking sounds that we make and it's really cute. He loves to laugh and he LOVES to eat! The doctor gave us the go ahead to start giving him meat at the end of last month and he loves it. He hasn't turned away anything yet (even turnips) and I hope that continues. We've got him on a breakfast, lunch, and dinner schedule now so that when we drop the formula in a couple of months, he'll be ready to go.

Speaking of going....he's trying to walk. He will cruise all around holding on to furniture, our legs, Bailey (dog), and anything else he can grab. Then he started letting go and would take a few steps then fall. This week he made it across the living room (laughing all the way)---I think we're in trouble :) The poor Christmas tree won't know what it's in for :)

We are also still waiting on his social security number. I have to remind myself that I really do love NC. They told us it would take "up to" 4 weeks. It's almost been 2 months. Ugh. I've called and the hold up seems to be that Raleigh has to "verify" that the actual birth certificate is legit. (again this would be why our state taxes are so much) Once this is over with I plan on writing a letter to our representatives, senators, and governor about this part of the paperwork process. I understand being thorough but really.....

Here are some pictures of my sweet boy!


I love this serious look on his face!

3 comments:

  1. He gets handsomer and handsomer with each photo. I can't believe it's been 10 months already. Time does fly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! Such a happy, happy little boy. Pretty soon you'll have a 1 year old on your hands!

    ReplyDelete